I have a toddler who is quite a big fan three foods – bread – tomato sauce – cheese. She is also obsessed with all things CHRISTMAS right now. That’s how these Christmas Tree Mini Pizzas were born :) If your child is a little more adventurous they could help decorate the tree with tiny pieces of chopped capsicum, olives, [pineapple, tomatoes or ham. For Pebble, these trees were perfect when left ‘untrimmed’. This yummy child-friendly snack barely deserves a recipe, but just in case you need it, here it is:
Christmas Tree Mini Pizzas
Serves 1 hungry child
1 English muffin
1 tablespoon of tomato sauce
2 slices of cheddar cheese
- Cut the English muffin open. Depending on whether your child prefers a soft or crunchy pizza base you can leave the base as it is, or toast it lightly. Pebble likes hers soft.
- Spread half the tomato sauce on each of the open muffin pieces.
- Cut the cheddar cheese slices into tree shapes using a cookie cutter and place one Christmas tree shaped slice of cheese on top of each ‘pizza’.
- Place the pizzas on a baking tray under the grill until the pizzas are warm and the cheese has just melted.
- Serve with a side of Christmas cheer :)
Have you been using your cookies for something other than cookies lately?