Pebble and I have been whipping up some Christmas treats in the kitchen. This recipe was adapted from a cook book that I’ve had around the house for a couple of years now, but have never gotten around to using (I have lots of those!).
These Christmas Crunchies would be perfect to make for gifts for famly and friends and are super easy for little ones to help with.
(makes approx. 20 crunchies)
- 50g dried cranberries
- 50g Marie (or other plain) biscuits
- 50g white marshmallows
- 200g white chocolate
- 50g unsalted butter
- coloured sugar and silver cachous, any other cake decorations that you have at home
- mini patty pans
2. Chop the marshmallows into small pieces (or use mini marshmallows) and break up the biscuits into small pieces (we just used our hands to do this). Add the marshmallows and biscuit pieces to the melted chocolate along with the dried cranberries. Mix until all the ingredients are well coated in chocolate.
3. Use a spoon and your fingers to place small balls of the mixture into the patty pans. We tried making ‘balls’ but that just made a mess, but no balls! Scooping up a small amount of mixture into a teaspoon and pushing it into the patty pan was easy to do.
4. Sprinkle each Christmas Crunchie with coloured sugar (I bought a pack of four different coloured sugars from my local supermarket) and top with a cachous.