Rocky is really enjoying kicking his legs during play time and I thought it would be fun to encourage more kicking by making some musical socks for him. I found a few small bells, bought at a discount shop at Christmas time, and sewed them to a pair of his socks. I am NOT a sewer, this is about the limit of my sewing skills, and it was easy.
I popped the socks on Rocky’s feet and he kicked away happily, then stopped. Then kicked a little. Then stopped. Then kicked like crazy! Why not make your own Jingle Jangle Socks?
Looking for more baby play ideas?
Get your copy of Zero to Two: the book of play.
Jingle Jangle Socks
You will need:
- one pair of baby socks
- eight small bells (or four larger bells)
- cotton in your choice of colour
- a needle
- Sew the bells to the outside of the ankle area on each sock. Done!
- Place the socks on the baby.
- Encourage him to kick by chatting to him about his kicking.
- Try gently pushing on his feet with your hands to stimulate more kicking.
- Perhaps play some music to kick along to.
Note: Make sure that you sew the bells tightly to each sock and always supervise your baby while they are wearing the socks.
How does your baby like to play?