Pebble and I were playing with balloons last week and got into a good game of balloon football. “Now we need to give out the medals!”, Pebble announced. “Can we make medals?”. Sure we can! I grabbed some bits and bobs and this is what we came up with.
Making Medals – Craft for Kids
You will need:
- cardboard (we used the side of a cereal box)
- tin foil
- ribbon or string
- hole punch
- small cup (or other round object to trace around)
- optional:sticky letters
To make your medals
- Make circle shapes on to the cardboard by tracing around the cup with the pencil.
- Cut out the circles.
- Tear off pieces of tin foil about twice the size of your circles.
- Wrap each circle in tin foil, keeping one side flat and shiny.
- Use the hole punch to make one hole in the top of each foil wrapped circle.
- Thread the ribbon or string through the hole and tie it to make a necklace.
- Decorate your medal with sticky letters if you wish. Sharpies are also great for drawing on foil.
- Wear your medal proudly!
The stuff we learned:
- initial letter sounds
- hole punching
What have your kids been making?