This morning Pebble woke up and we had our usual morning chat as she lay in bed. She asked the same question she asks every day: “What are we doing today?”. I told her what we had planned (not much!) and mentioned that it’s Halloween today. “HALLOWEEN!?”. She was up in a flash and asking for help to make her Halloween costume. She wanted to be a witch and chose a ‘witchy’ dress from her wardrobe and had some (a lot!) of help to make a hat and a broomstick. The result was one happy kid!
Then we started planning some decorations to let our neighbours know that we are are open for Halloween business. This easy Halloween mason jar lantern only took five minutes to make.
Easy Halloween Mason Jar Lantern
You will need:
- a large jar
- a bandage
- double sided sticky tape (or regular will do)
- a tea light candle
- a lighter or matches
How to make a Halloween lantern
- Remove the lid from your jar.
- Wrap the jar in the bandage and secure with the double sided tape.
- draw and cut out a spooky face from cardboard and slide the shapes underneath the bandage strips. Use tape to secure if needed.
- Blu-tak the tealight candle to the bottom of the jar and light it (always practice fire safety around children).
There you have it! Five minutes later and you have a super cool Halloween decoration. I’m thinking of some more designs to make Christmas lanterns too.
For more Halloween lantern inspiration try these:
- Glowing Halloween decorations (Paging Fun Mums)
- Decoupage Halloween jar lanterns (Red Ted Art)
- More Halloween jar lantern designs (According to Kelly)
- Painted Halloween jar lanterns (Grow Creative)
Tell me about your favourite Halloween memory.