This is the best chocolate mug cake I have EVER tried. And I’ve tried a few! The addition of peanut butter and chocolate chips make it perfection. But be warned – it is pure evil.
This cake is perfect for those moments when you NEED chocolate, but have none in the house and is all too easy to throw together.
Some mug cakes I’ve tried are too dry or too claggy or tasteless or just weird. This one is kind of like a moist cake combined with chocolate pudding. It’s drier the more you cook it, but I prefer it a little gooey in the bottom of the cup.
It’s big enough for two…. but can easily be eaten by one. Just don’t make a habit of it!
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Mug Cake
Makes 1 large mug cake or 2 small ones
You will need:
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon dark chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons self raising flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- pinch salt
- In a large mug whisk together all the wet ingredients, then add in the dry ingredients and mix with a fork until combined to create a smooth, thick consistency.
- Microwave on high/full power for 1 minute – more or less depending on your microwave and how you like your cake. Experiment to get it just right for you.
That’s it! It is very rich, I recommend serving with cream or ice cream (or both). Make a little well in one side of the cake and pour in the cream. Oh, so BAD! But, oh so gooooooood.
What do you do when you need a chocolate fix?