I’m very lucky to have a helping hand from some awesome blogging friends while Paul, Pebble and I welcome the newest member of our family. Today Kate from Picklebums is sharing her delicious Frozen Yoghurt Pops.
When I saw the little ice cream molds on sale at the supermarket I knew exactly what I would do with them – frozen yoghurt pops!
This is a super easy snack that is fun and also pretty healthy. They only takes a few minutes to put together and a few hours in the freezer.
Berry Frozen Yoghurt Pops
- 2 cups plain greek style yoghurt
- a handful frozen berries
- 2-3 tbsp raspberry or any berry flavoured jam
- ice cream molds, or containers to freeze them in.
- Break up the frozen berries – raspberries are easy to break in your fingers, other berries may need a whack with a meat mallet to break into smaller pieces – and pop them into a bowl.
- Add the jam and stir all ingredients together until well incorporated and the yoghurt turns a nice shade of pink.
- Spoon the yoghurt and berry mix into your molds and freeze for 2-4 hours or until solid.
- You don’t need fancy ice cream molds like the ones we used, you could make these in paper cups with regular icy pole sticks popped in once the mix is partly frozen, or even just little containers and eat it with a spoon.
Combining my kids three favourite things at the moment; yoghurt, berries and anything on a stick, was always going to make me ‘the best Mum in the world!’ Here are a few other kid friendly snacks that make me popular with me kids!
An early childhood educator and Mum of four, Kate lives on a small property called ‘The Pickle Farm’ in rural Victoria. Kate’s blog, picklebums, has articles about gentle parenting, gardening, family food, activities for kids, free printables and anything else that pops up in her crazy life.
You can also find kate on facebook, twitter and pinterest.