Here in Australia, Halloween has only recently started to be embraced. When I was a kid I only went trick or treating once and that was because my teachers that year happened to be really into Halloween. We had a Halloween class party and of course I needed to show that costume off to the neighbourhood.
Where I live now our property is a bit secluded from the street. I guess the kids are too freaked out to come to our door because every year I buy treats to give out and every year I end up having to eat them myself. Oh well (mwahahaha).
I know some Aussie’s are dead set against Halloween but I don’t mind it at all. It’s a bit of fun. Here’s some fab Halloween activities for kids thanks to the Kids Co-Op.
15 Halloween Activities for Kids
- Countdown to Halloween Ghost Chart (Edventures with Kids)
- DIY Paper Mache Trick or Treat Bucket (You Are the Roots)
- Monster Play Ideas (Octavia and Vicky)
- Cute and Creepy Mummy Garland (Edventures with Kids)
- An Invitation to Make Monsters (Multicrafting Mummy)
- Online Halloween Games for Kids (Octavia and Vicky)
- Halloween Cupcakes (B-Inspired Mama)
- Halloween Lacing Cards (Tot Schooling)
- Glow in the Dark Lanterns (Nuturestore)
- Printable Googley Eyes Monsters (Tot Schooling)
- Toilet Paper Roll Ghosts (Dabbling Mama)
- Spider Snacks (Octavia and Vicky)
- Halloween Clothespin Pattern Sticks (Lalymom)
- Fuzzy Wuzzy Pom Pom Monsters (Our Little House in the Country)
- Cardboard Box Monsters (Our Little House in the Country)