Hi there! I’m Kylie – a teacher and mum who loves playing and cooking with my kids. I live with my husband and two children in the Adelaide hills, South Australia, where we enjoy regular visits from possums, koalas and even have the odd kangaroo in the backyard. I teach five year old children in their first year of school, which is a great privilege and a lot of fun. Octavia and Vicky is my own little creative outlet, and a fun space where I share activities for kids, real parenting stories and yummy things to cook.
Pebble is four years old. She doesn’t stop talking or singing or dancing or moving all day long. She loves her baby brother, creating imaginary worlds and asking questions about the existence of the universe.
Rocky is our baby, he arrived in March 2013 and now our family is complete. He is a full on bundle of energy but a relaxed dude at heart. He loves spinning wheels, throwing balls and laughing at slap stick.
Who are Octavia and Vicky?
I thought you might like to read a few of my favourite posts….
- Real Parenting: Dealing with anger
- Finger foods for babies
- How to encourage independent play
- 15 Fun Bath Ideas for Reluctant Kids
- 13 Ways to Play and Learn with Bottle Tops
- Supporting Children’s Creativity
- Six Easy Painting Ideas
- Five Easy Recipes to Cook with Kids
And a few of my most popular posts:
- DIY Letter Puzzle
- 10 Ideas for Indoor Gross Motor Play
- Babies and Drawing
- Home Organisation Apps
- Free Birthday Bunting Printable
- 10 Free Alphabet Games for Kids
- Pizza Dip
- 4 ingredient, 10 minute cookies
I hope you like it here :)
You can also email me.