Hi there! I’m Kylie – a teacher and mum who loves playing and cooking with my kids. I live with my husband and two children in the Adelaide hills, South Australia, where we enjoy regular visits from possums, koalas and even have the odd kangaroo in the backyard. I am taking a break from teaching to stay home and play and learn with our babies, but will be back in the classroom part-time teaching junior primary in 2014. Octavia and Vicky is my own little creative outlet, and a fun space where I share activities for kids, real parenting stories and yummy things to cook.
Pebble is three years old. She can be slow to warm up to new people but has a wicked sense of humour when you get to know her. Her latest favourite things to do are “making”, playing pretend, making cubbies, stomping her feet in defiance and kissing her baby brother’s “smudgy cheeks”.
Rocky is our baby, he arrived in March 2013 and now our family is complete. He is a relaxed little guy who loves bath time massages, sucking on his fingers and chatting earnestly to smiling faces.
Who are Octavia and Vicky?
I thought you might like to read a few of my favourite posts….
- How to encourage independent play
- 15 Fun Bath Ideas for Reluctant Kids
- Learning about Numbers – Subitising and Number Recognition
- 13 Ways to Play and Learn with Bottle Tops
- Supporting Children’s Creativity
- Six Easy Painting Ideas
- Five Easy Recipes to Cook with Kids
And a few of my most popular posts:
- DIY Letter Puzzle
- 10 Ideas for Indoor Gross Motor Play
- Babies and Drawing
- Home Organisation Apps
- Free Birthday Bunting Printable
- 10 Free Alphabet Games for Kids
- Pizza Dip
I hope you like it here :)
You can also email me.